This post is an introduction and will serve as an index to a series of posts I am doing on myths about the United States Govermental system. It was one post but it grew too long.
It is an important series because the myths I will be addressing are very widespread, and many of them are quite damaging.
- The US Is A Two Party System, Not A Coalition System
- The US is Formally A Two-Party System
- The Purpose Of Voting Is To Determine A Winner
- My Vote Doesn't Count
Interlude: Making Sense Of The 2004 Election
- "Liberal" and "Conservative" Have Some Sort Of Meaning
- Third Parties Are Useless and You Waste Your Vote With Them
- The Two-Party System Has No Redeeming Characteristics
- Democracy Means I Always Get My Way
- Checks And Balances Being Used Implies Broken Government