Custom Weblog Post
I have updated my Custom Weblog Post tool to version 1.01. This version has several enhancements and bug fixes:
- Improved XML encoding in general; less wierdness in the enclosed text.
- Pushing the "Post" button now actually calls the weblog posting script. (Previously you had to manually publish the additions. I thought that would be preferable, but we all, including me, agreed that was wrong.)
- By popular request, there is now an option to select multiple categories at once, using either checkboxes (like RU's main weblog interface) or a multi-select combo box.
- Improved installation procedure for the Website Tool... if you have trouble, pull up the documentation in the RU menu.
- Slightly better documentation here and there, both on screen and in the documentation.
- Should be generally usable and stable.
'The Custom Weblog Post tool allows the user to create (sub-)templates that have more structure then RU's default flat text box. It ships with a template that matches the behavior of Manila's News Items, using the RU 'blogs categories as the choosable categories. Thus, for people who are used to posting with Manila's News Items, this provides a nice migration path to the RU 'blog, especially if you used the Manila Site Converter tool which will preserve your categories.'