Changing my weblog's name to iRi has had one unanticipated downside: There are a lot of other IRIs out there, including but not limited to:
- Information Resources, Inc.
- International Republican Institute
- International Research Institute for Climate Prediction
- Industrial Research Institute
- Initiative & Referendum Institute in Europe
- Some punk's weblog, what the heck is this doing here... oh...
- Some sort of climate data library
- Some Japanese site
- A ship registry
- Several Italian sites
- the International Reference Ionosphere: a mathematical model of the ionosphere
And the list goes on. I feel like a kid amoung adults.
Actually, it's just a downside for people searching on "iri" and getting my weblog. I don't feel too bad though; I'm just one more among many. Clearly, "iri" is not specific enough a search term to be valuable, though I never would have guessed in advance.